Once a popular vacation spot for dukes and noble families, the island of Krk is today a desirable destination for adventure and family holidays. Already in ancient times it earned the title of Golden Island due to its high number of sunshine hours and rich, fertile soil. Come and have your own adventure on Krk, and see the beauty of the nature and the hospitality of the people for yourself.
- It is home to a rare species of bird – the griffon vulture
- The island abounds in a rich variety of unique flora and fauna
- Krk prosciutto was the first Croatian product to become protected at an EU level
The island of Krk is home to many attractive events and a rich culinary offer that is recognisable all over the world. Here, lovers of fine dining have the opportunity to taste various kinds of high-quality honey and unique home-made sheep cheese. Krk’s caves, blue sea, "gromača" drywalls, vineyards and variety of beaches provide a one-of-a-kind experience to all fans of recreation and relaxation.
Best time to visit Krk
- Come in autumn to enjoy a good book and dream of a pleasant Krk spring and pleasures that few can resist
- Spend the summer on the beach sipping cocktails and deciding on which will be the right wellness package for you in the winter
Krk is among the sunniest parts of Europe and features a Mediterranean climate with warm summers and mild winters. It is famous for its maestral wind and gusts of the cold bora ("bura") wind.
Why visit Krk
- Explore the historical site where the Baška Tablet was found
- Enjoy the "knight tournaments" of Lovrečeva fešta
- Try home-made šurlice pasta or Žlahtina wine from Vrbnik
- Test your skills in one of the popular extreme water sports such as wakeboarding or parasailing Get a glimpse of the unique marine world in Baška Aquarium, which features about a 100 species of Adriatic fish and snails
Choose Krk because it is the perfect island to take a break at any time of the year!